I remember in my senior high school language arts class the teacher mainly taught with movies. Mostly movies that did not apply to the class. I do not remember learning anything in that class, except of what I do not want to do as a teacher. I believe that is an example of how using tech in a classroom has gotten out of control. As teachers we should be using tech, but not so much that we do not actually teach.
I agree with you Cassie 100%. There were so many times in class where I didn't feel as though the videos that were shown had much to do withthe actual topic. Along with this being an example of how using tech has gotten out of control I think it is an example of teachers not really knowing how to utilize their tech options. Current teachers need to understand what they have available to them and how to implement it properly for the best effect on their students.
ReplyDeleteThis is a great point. Technology is not always going to be the silver bullet you are looking for when lesson planning. Sometimes technology might actually get in the way. Great comment Cassie.
ReplyDelete