With so many creative people on the internet that are posting to places like youtube, we should use these resources. Many of these videos are simple, in terms that students can understand and funny. Also lets face it, students will always be more engaged for a movie than a teacher, there is just something about it not being the teacher that makes them want to pay attention. So why not use this so called disadvanage to our advantage?
Videos can be great but they aren't perfect. Kids can still zone out during videos so it is important to use them in moderation.
ReplyDeleteYes of course I agree with you Jodie, I don't think that a classroom can or should be taught with videos alone. I see videos as a special treat every once in a while when students have been well behaved, and even then, a video that has to do with the subject matter that is being covered.
ReplyDelete