Saturday, September 24, 2011

Week 5

When I looked up the Promethean ActivBoard I found that it is the same as a SMART Board but it requires the stylist to use the board, basically you can not use your hands. Personally I like this better because I know in the past when I have used a SMART Board I have rested my hand on the board and it has messed up what I was doing, it got very annoying. One thing that I really like about the board is that it had an adjustable height stand, this is important to me because I remember how embarrassing it was to be the shortest kid in the class not able to reach the top of a normal white board. This also takes out having to have children to stand on a stool to reach the top of the board. My only questions about the board is what are the differences between programs of the ActivBoard and the SMART Board, do they offer the same programs? Also can anything besides the stylist be used to control the board, for example could you use a DS stylist if you lose the ones provided?


http://www.prometheanplanet.com/en-us/support/hardware/activboard/

2 comments:

  1. I really like your point about the adjustable height of the smart board. It can definitely "save face" for the shorter students, and ultimately, promote safety in the classroom by not needing students to stand on a stool or chair to reach the board. I also agree with you about using the stylus versus using hands or stylus. It's too easy to accidentally brush the board with your hand and change the slide or some other frustrating thing.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the adjust-ability of the Active Board is probably the best feature for elementary students. Being currently 5'11" I was always the tallest student in my class so I never had trouble reaching the top of the white board. However I know many of my fellow classmates over the year struggled to reach the board. The adjustable features allows for a quick fix for shorter students!

    ReplyDelete