Tuesday, August 30, 2011

My First Post

The future of technology in the education system, will it have a good influence on the schools, or will it just get in the way?

Personally I feel that if technology is used correctly in school, than technology will be a great help to the schooling system. The younger generation knows just as much, or more about technology than we do, we have to understand this and use this as a medium to reach to students.

I want to see technology being used to further education. How can we use sites that some schools have banned such as YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook to reach and teach this generation? I believe that there are many great resource that have been rejected by school, these resources are what the students are using.

Education has changed from drastically in the last few years, there is more technology in schools than there ever has been before and the technology will continue to come into the school. I vote not to try to keep up with the technology in the schools but to get ahead of it. I would love to see schools use sites such as YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter to reach the students of today.

Not only can teachers easily communicate with students but they can also communicate with parents at a faster rate than ever before.

I understand that this is very fine line that educators will have to follow if using these social media sites, crossing this line will be devastating, for me the befits are worth the risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment